• 6 billion active cultures
• Potency guaranteed until expiration
• 6 beneficial probiotic strains
• Bio-Tract coating delivery system
• Supports the small and large intestine
• Does not require refrigeration
• You are travelling to help protect against food borne illness, parasites and traveler’s diarrhea
• You are looking for an everyday probiotic
• You want to ease occasional constipation
Probiotics = For Life
Inside each of us are about 100 trillion bacteria, most of which reside in the gut. This is 10 TIMES the number of cells in our body. It works out to be approximately 4 pounds of bacteria within the gut which weigh as much as a brick! The bacteria that grow naturally in the intestinal tract aid in the nourishment and defense not only of the digestive tract but of the whole body. These beneficial bacteria are known as PROBIOTICS. Just like we all have a unique set of fingerprints, we all have a unique bacterial make up in our body. The bacterium that is established in your intestinal tract within the first two years of life is what you will have into adulthood. This microbial “fingerprint” may dictate the difference between someone who has strong digestive health and someone who does not.
What do these bacteria do?
• Synthesize vitamins such as thiamine (B1), folic acid (B9), pyridoxine (B6) and vitamin K.
• Produce digestive enzymes and aid in the absorption of calcium, magnesium and iron.
• Improve the strength and function of the lining of our colon. This mucosal barrier helps to prevent harmful organisms and toxins in the intestinal tract from passing into the bloodstream.
• Help to control inflammation in the body.
• Stimulate and support the immune system.
• Maintain regularity and health of the bowel.
Pathogenic organisms are always present to some extent in the GI Tract but are normally outnumbered and neutralized by the beneficial bacteria. When
the beneficial and harmful bacteria levels become imbalanced you have what is called DYSBIOSIS. This can lead to digestive upsets in the short term and sets the stage for the development of disease in the long-term.
What can cause dysbiosis?
Antibiotics - While probiotics mean “for life”, antibiotics mean “against life”. When prescribed appropriately for bacterial infections, antibiotics do their job by killing off the “bad guys”, the problem is that antibiotics also kill off the “good guys” (PROBIOTICS) in the process. The result is that you may have cured the infection, however you have seriously compromised your gut health.
Aging - As inevitable as aging is, so is the change in the composition in your intestinal microflora. After the age of 50, the level of probiotics (specifically bifidobacterium) begins to decline in number. Reductions in these organisms in the large bowel may be related to increased risk of disease in elderly people.
Antacids - Chances are that you or someone you know uses antacids as we have become a nation of antacid poppers. People use these, often incorrectly, to combat heartburn and indigestion. Antacids alter the pH of the GI tract which creates an environment that is favourable to the growth of harmful bacteria and yeasts and in turn hostile toward probiotic bacteria.
Both diet and environmental exposure can have a large effect on the balance of bacteria in the gut. Our nation’s typical diet is high in sugar, starches, processed foods and animal proteins and low in fresh vegetables and fermented foods. Pathogenic bacteria, including yeast and parasites, feed off sugar. Also, eating too few vegetables can leave your probiotic bacteria starved for nutrients. Vegetables are rich in soluble fibre which act as food for the good bacteria (it is called prebiotic fibre).
What to look for in a probiotic supplement?
When shopping for an effective probiotic supplement, consumers should read labels carefully to ensure the following: POTENCY The total number of bacteria per capsule. 6 billion is a good dose, 50 billion is a therapeutic dose. NUMBER OF STRAINS Should include multiple strains of bacteria, including Bifidobacteria (large bowel) and Lactobacilli (small bowel). The strains should be tailored to health concerns such as bowel or urinary tract health. DELIVERY SYSTEM Make sure that your probiotic has an enteric coating or Bio-Tract delivery system. If not, the majority of the probiotic bacteria will be lost, as most bacteria cannot survive the high
acid environment of the stomach. GUARANTEED POTENCY Ensure that the potency is guaranteed at the time of expiry NOT time of manufacture.
The Renew Life Difference
Renew Life is North America’s #1 digestive care company, we are unique in our industry in that digestive health is our sole focus.
For over 20 years, Brenda Watson’s understanding that improving digestive health is the foundation of overall health, has led to our company to developing the finest cleanses and digestive care products available.
• All Renew Life products are free from binders, fillers and excipients (like magnesium stearate) and harsh contaminants. Our motto has always been, “Why put more toxins in your body when you are trying to get them out?”
• All Renew Life products are free of gluten, wheat, corn, yeast, additives and preservatives. All ingredients are non-GMO.
• All Renew Life products are therapeutic-strength, offering safe and effective natural solutions to digestive care issues. We constantly innovate and educate to help our customers improve their health.
*Renew Life FloraSMART 6 Billion 30 Tablets
- Brand: Renew Life
- Product Code: 7283678532345
- Reward Points: 38
- Availability: Discontinued
- Ex Tax: £15.82
- Price in reward points: 1899