Spirulina - Natures Perfect Food and Nutritional Supplement.
There are many forms of valuable algae and in the last 40 years Spirulina has been singled out for its nutritional properties. Long before it became a favorite of the health food industry, Spirulina was eaten regularly by North Africans and Mexicans centuries ago. Now many people around the globe realize that Spirulina is a powerful food with huge potential as a whole food source.
As a health supplement, Spirulina algae is an extremely high protein source with a protein content 60-70 percent higher than any other natural food and most nutritional products. This superfood has the most remarkable concentration of functional nutrients ever known in food - animal or plant.
Spirulina contains high concentrations of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other beneficial nutrients which include the essential fatty acids, GLA fatty acid, lipids, the nucleic acids (RNA and DNA), B complex, vitamin C and E and phytochemicals, such as carotenoids, chlorophyll, and phycocyanin.
3-10 grams a day of spirulina delivers impressive amounts of vitamin B12 & B complex, iron, essential trace minerals, beta carotene and gamma-linolenic acid.
What exactly Is Spirulina?
- Spirulina is a natural microscopic fresh water plant.
- Originally discovered in natural alkaline lakes in South America and Africa.
- For many centuries communities have used the algae as a rich food source, constituting a significant part of their diet.
- An aquatic micro-vegetable / organism composed of transparent bubble-thin cells stacked end-to-end forming a helical spiral filament.
- Spirulina's green colour comes from an abundance of the plant pigments chlorophyll and beta-carotene.
Spirulina is the most extensively researched food microalgae.
Suggested consumption is one half teaspoon once or twice daily.
See what Wikipedia says:
You can also find further information and spirulina recipes here:
Spirulina powder information and recipes.
Spirulina Powder - 500g
- Brand: The Happy Health Company
- Product Code: 5055677801882
- Reward Points: 38
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £18.99
- Price in reward points: 1899